Welcome to the MMK Food Service webpage
Summer meals offered at the following locations
Summer Meals Access can be located at the following sources:
Families can call 1-866-3-HUNGRY (1-866-348-6479)
For Spanish, families can call 1-877-8-HAMBRE (1-877-842-6273)Summer Meals Locator- Promote this tool in English or Spanish.
USDA National Hunger Hotline- can be reached Monday–Friday
No Kid Hungry Resources
Texting Line - Families may text "Food" or "Comida" to 304-304 to find free summer meals near them.Meal Site Locator - Promote the https://www.nokidhungry.org/find-free-meals website.
Summer 2023 P-EBT
School closures can mean kids miss out on important meals. Pandemic EBT grocery benefits can help.
Learn more at https://www.dshs.wa.gov/esa/community-services-offices/pandemic-ebt-p-ebt
All Mary M. Knight School children are eligible for the 2023 summer. Benefits will be automatically issued to eligible students on an EBT card sent to their household in the mail.
Existing – families will receive a letter
New – families will receive a letter and card
Address change or lost card? Direct Families to call center
No Charge for Meals
We are excited to provide breakfast and lunch meals for all students at no charge for the 22-23 school year.
The MMK School District is facing challenges with food and dairy supply and delivery. This may cause posted menus to change with little notice. Thanks so much for your understanding and continued support.
School Lunch Honor Roll Quiz by USDA
Can you make the School Lunch Honor Roll?
Team Nutrition is proud to announce the release of a new web-based quiz on school lunch.
WELLNESS POLICY & RESOURCES
- A revised version of the wellness policy was adopted by the Board of Directors on September 27, 2021, to comply with the final rule issued by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). The new policy, developed by a district-wide wellness committee, emphasizes access to nutritious foods, health and physical education, and opportunities for physical activity.
- Parents and community members are invited to join the wellness committee and/or offer input. If you are interested in joining the committee and learning about the regulations that govern school nutrition programs, please contact Food Services at 360-426-6767.
- Current Policy Link
- Assessment of Wellness Policy
- Current assessment link
- Special Dietary Needs.
- Mary M. Knight School District understands that some children may require Special Dietary Needs. Contact the school's Food Service Director for the process to submit a request.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.