Two Year School Education Enrichment Levy
In February, 2018 you will see a two-year Enrichment Levy request from MMK on the ballot.
Following the Third Legislative Session this summer, the Legislature ended with more questions and confusion answers and directions.
Here are a few things we know:
· The Levy will now be called an Enrichment Levy. Historically, this levy was known as the Maintenance & Operation Levy (M&O Levy).
· This levy is used to fund programs, staff, facilities, etc. not covered by the State.
· Following the McCleary Ruling the State will adjust how they fund schools.
· The State will apply a state-wide $0.81 per $1,000 State Education Levy.
· Each school district will be limited to how much they can ask from their voters.
Our previous levy was approved by you (the voter’s) for $700,000 at a rate of $3.90 per $1,000 of assessed valuation. Due to the various legislative changes noted above, we will be seeking a replacement levy of $505,862.00 for the 2019 and 2020 taxes, respectively. We anticipate the rate per $1,000 to be around $3.08. The funds will go to athletics, technology, facilities, food service, SPED, etc.
A flyer will be going out in mid to late January with additional information. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 360-426-6767 ext 113.
I would like to thank each of you on behalf our students for your continued support of our school, students, and programs.
Letter from Mason County